Cloudline Cellars - Willamette Valley, OR.
Cloudline Cellars represents a first for Dreyfus, Ashby—our own wine.
Given our love for Pinot Noir and our long history developing Domaine Drouhin Oregon and other fine wines, it’s probably not surprising that we would choose Oregon’s Willamette Valley as the home for this exciting project.
Cloudline is an elegant and approachable Oregon Pinot Noir, and is known for its high-quality and superb value.
It’s fruit forward, silky texture and delicious layers of complexity make it very enjoyable upon release.
- Created in 2002 by Dreyfus Ashby.
- Vinified under the eye of consulting winemaker Véronique Drouhin-Boss
- Always elegant, authentic Oregon Pinot Noir that would be approachable young.
- All fruit is sourced from low-yield vineyards in the Willamette Valley.
- Since its debut, Cloudline has quietly become one of Oregon’s most successful brands.
- Cloudline’s reputation is that of high-quality and value.
- From the beginning, the Cloudline wines have been a hit with wine lovers in the U.S., and can now also be found in Brazil, Canada, Japan, Norway and Sweden.
Cloudline Willamette Valley Pinot Noir
- Cloudline’s distinctive blue label gets a fresh update, highlighting the vintage & appellation.
- Starting with the 2014 vintage 25% of the fruit comes from Domaine Drouhin's famous RoseRock Vineyard.
- 2016 falls easily into the range of classic Oregon growing seasons.
- After a surprisingly warm spring, summer was marked by warm days and cool nights.
- Harvest began under warm to very warm conditions, but significant cooling during the course of September helped slow down ripening and allow for greater complexity.
- The result is Cloudline, a delicious expression of Willamette Valley Pinot Noir in 2016.
GRAPE VARIETY: 100% Pinot Noir
- Pinot Noir is well-suited to pair with poultry, beef, fish, ham, lamb and pork.
- It will play well with creamy sauces, spicy seasonings and may just be one of the world's most versatile food wines.
- In the glass, Cloudline clearly conveys its Oregon roots.
- The color is a dark ruby red, the nose is layered and complex, and on the palate, one enjoys dark berry fruits, blue fruits, cola notes and a touch of spice.
- The finish is integrated and balanced. Sante´!
Cloudline Willamette Valley Pinot Gris
- The Pinot Gris, which has been previously highlighted in Food & Wine Magazine, is vinified under the careful eye of consulting winemaker Véronique Drouhin-Boss.
- It's made in a classic dry style with a lovely balance of ripe fruit and vibrant acidity.
- It is bottled under screw cap and arrives just in time for summer.
- 100% Pinot Gris
- The wine suggests food pairings with every sip.
- Try it with most shellfish, cheeses, ceviche, sushi, and spicy cuisine, such as Thai and Indian.
- Cloudline's Pinot Gris is tank-fermented to emphasize the varietal’s freshness, acidity and floral aromatics.
- Citrus fruits and white flowers are abundant on both the palate and nose.
- The fine texture matches the light yellow hue.