Marlborough Estate Reserve - Marlborough New Zealand
“A terrific example of classic Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc loaded with aromas of ripe grapefruit, gooseberry and zingy passionfruit. Luscious and gently textured with flavours of attractive snowpea, capsicum and blackcurrant, with hints of lime and a slight mineral note. Grapes for this wine were carefully harvested when they reached their optimum ripeness. They were pressed off their skins quickly with minimum contact so as to preserve fresh flavours.” - Raymond Chan, Raymond Chan Wine Reviews
Marlborough Estate Reserve Sauvignon Blanc
- Pale straw with green hues.
- A lifted nose of grapefruit and citrus blossom with a white currant note.
- A succulent and flavourful palate with citrus and white currant notes.
- A mineral note leads to a long lingering, zesty finish with a silky texture.
- Perfect for drinking immediately, this Sauvignon Blanc will be at its best over the next two years.
- The fruit for this wine was selected from vineyards across Marlborough’s sub regions, including the Wairau Valley.
- The fruit was carefully monitored throughout maturity and was harvested upon reaching optimum flavour development and ripeness.
- Transported to the winery with haste and pressed off with minimal skin contact, the resulting juice was cool fermented in stainless steel to retain freshness and aromatics.
- Alcohol 13 % v/v
- TA 7.0 g/litre
- RS 4 g/litre
- pH 3.20
Food match: Enjoy it on its own or with fresh seafood and summer salads.
Wine Spectator - 90 Points - An intense mix of apricot, Meyer lemon and dried orange peel flavors, with hints of toast on the smooth, juicy frame. Grace notes of pickled ginger and coconut water add complexity. Drink now. - Wine Spectator, Nov 15, 2017
Marlborough Estate Reserve Pinot Noir
“SUPERB value for a delightfully drinkable Pinot” Wine Orbit
Fruit for this wine was sourced from a number of specifically chosen
low cripping vineyards sites in Marlborough.
- The wine was hand plunged frequently throughout ferment then gently pressed off skins.
- When dry each batch was pressed to tank, settled and then racked off gross lees to either stainless steel tanks or a mixture of new and older seasoned French oak.
- 100 per cent malolactic fermentation was carried out before being blended and gently prepared for bottling.
- Seal: Screw Cap
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- Bright floral aromas of sunwarmed ripe raspberries and red cherry combined with toasted spice.
- A fruit driven wine with fresh flavours of blackcurrants, raspberry and dried herb.
- The tannin structure is fine with beautiful balance and an inviting savoury finish.
- A pretty Pinot Noir which will cellar well for up to four years from vintage date.
- Beautifully matched with barbeque steak with a creamy mushroom sauce.
Sam Kim - Wine Orbit - 91 Points
“This is a comforting red offering lovely ripe fruit flavours of dark plum, cassis and spiced cherry with nuances of dried herb, cedar and cocoa. The palate is succulent and plump, and delivers attractive fruit intensity and silky texture, finishing long and smooth. The wine offers terrific value and drinkability. At its best: now to 2020”
2016 Vintage | Tech Sheet | Sell Sheet | POS | Label | Bottle Shot