Marlborough Estate Reserve - Marlborough New Zealand
“A terrific example of classic Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc loaded with aromas of ripe grapefruit, gooseberry and zingy passionfruit. Luscious and gently textured with flavours of attractive snowpea, capsicum and blackcurrant, with hints of lime and a slight mineral note. Grapes for this wine were carefully harvested when they reached their optimum ripeness. They were pressed off their skins quickly with minimum contact so as to preserve fresh flavours.” - Raymond Chan, Raymond Chan Wine Reviews
Marlborough Estate Reserve Sauvignon Blanc
- Pale straw with green hues.
- A lifted nose of grapefruit and citrus blossom with a white currant note.
- A succulent and flavourful palate with citrus and white currant notes.
- A mineral note leads to a long lingering, zesty finish with a silky texture.
- Perfect for drinking immediately, this Sauvignon Blanc will be at its best over the next two years.
- The fruit for this wine was selected from vineyards across Marlborough’s sub regions, including the Wairau Valley.
- The fruit was carefully monitored throughout maturity and was harvested upon reaching optimum flavour development and ripeness.
- Transported to the winery with haste and pressed off with minimal skin contact, the resulting juice was cool fermented in stainless steel to retain freshness and aromatics.
- Alcohol 13 % v/v
- TA 7.0 g/litre
- RS 4 g/litre
- pH 3.20
Food match: Enjoy it on its own or with fresh seafood and summer salads.
Wine Spectator - 90 Points - An intense mix of apricot, Meyer lemon and dried orange peel flavors, with hints of toast on the smooth, juicy frame. Grace notes of pickled ginger and coconut water add complexity. Drink now. - Wine Spectator, Nov 15, 2017
2016 Vintage | Tech Sheet | Sell Sheet | POS | Label | Bottle Shot