Chateau Sainte Marguerite - Provence
The Château Sainte Marguerite was created in 1929 on the base of an old farm house cultivated since Antiquity.
André CHEVILLON, founder of the winery, which was obtained in 1955 as a Cru Classé. This Cru Classé distinction officially recognizes the founders of the A.O.C. Côtes de Provence production area are ensuring a regularity of quality and authenticity.
In 1977, Brigitte et Jean-Pierre FAYARD acquired the Château Sainte Marguerite, as a fund raiser for The Foundation of France. This sale would finance a musical prize in the name of the former owner.
Chateau Sainte Marguerite
wines are now registered by the Vegan Society.
We have the pleasure of informing you that all our wines are now registered by the Vegan Society. You will therefore find a new sunflower logo on every back label. From now on, our commitment to organic agriculture comes with an additional guarantee that our wines are free of chemical additives or animal origin ( withdrawal of caseine, gelatine, fish based glue). This demand comes from consumers for whom the avoidance of animal products is essential. In certain countries the number of vegans is increasing rapidly and vegan restaurants are opening up in quite a few big cities.
The 2015 Vintage is elegant, Aromatic and expressive.
Chateau Sainte Marguerite
Certified Organic Agricultural Wines.
Rose sales 25% last year according to Nielsen and continue to expand at a rapid rate.
- Created in 1929 on the base of an old farm house cultivated since ancient times.
- Obtained Cru Classé distinction in 1955 ensuring a regularity of quality and authenticity.
- Brigitte and Jean-Pierre Fayard acquired Château Sainte Marguerite in 1977.
- Today, Château Sainte Marguerite is 124 acres, which is divided into four vineyard sites, the soil type of these 4 parcels is identical overall: broken clay silica, quartz pebbles and structured split on shale pedestal.
- Cinsault, Grenache, Cabernet-Sauvignon, Syrah, Mourvèdre, Carignan, Ugni-Blanc, Rolle, Sémillon and Clairette are planted here, expressed with much subtlety to create complex and extravagant assemblages.
- The vineyard is held with an extreme rigor and a permanent respect for the environment.
- This ecological consciousness makes it possible to produce certified organic agricultural wines.
- High-class wines begin with quality grapes, and this quality starts with attentive and rigorous work of the fields.
- Harmonious pruning, regular plowing and weeding, and organic treatment of diseases is used.
- The evolution of the grapes and the yield are supervised in order to ensure a mature harvest, healthy and perfectly balanced.
- Always aiming to obtain exceptional harvests and grape quality, they apply organic agriculture without the use of chemicals.
- The Fayards have worked hard to become an icon of Provence, a reference for quality and authenticity.
- Assisted by their children Olivier, Christine, Guillaume, and Lionel, they continue this search of excellence.
- Culture, vine growing, wine making, management, sales, design, communication; each member of the family contributes their strengths to make Château Sainte Marguerite’s wines a pleasure for wine lovers.
“Not just for summer sipping and bouillabaisse, rosé wines pair well with all kinds of cuisines, all year long.”
“A more versatile food wine you won’t find in any color, at any price point.”
- Wine Enthusiast