ROW 503 - Willamette Valley
The Oceanic submersions and later Missoula Floods left behind deep, vibrant sedimentary soils that add to the unique terroir. Breathtaking and dramatic, the Pacific Ocean to the West exerts a maritime influence, creating foggy mornings, cool nights, and the perfect climate needed for growing Pinot Noir. This allows the grape to reveal its complex and elegant nature.
With a long growing season, abundant sun in the summer, and the soils essential for greatness, Oregon is a Pinot Noir Kingdom of the West.
Pinot Noir is born in the heart of Oregon wine country, where ancient soils cover the famous slopes of the Cascades and the Coastal Range. The lava flows of 15 million years ago are now the rich volcanic soils treasured by some of the world’s great winemakers.
Row 503 Pinot Noir Willamette Valley
- Row 503 is the new Oregon Pinot Noir brand from Dreyfus, Ashby.
- The name reflects the area code for Northern Oregon, which is home to the select Willamette Valley vineyards that produce Row 503.
- Made entirely from Pinot Noir, and bottled under screwcap.
- Row 503 is perfect for wine lovers to enjoy at home or by the glass at their favorite restaurants.
- The warm, long growing season brought us a second straight harvest of exceptional quality.
- Pinot Noir is a very accurate reflection of a given season’s growing conditions, which is why the beauty of 2015 is so clear in this Row 503.
- On the nose, the earth and fruit clearly say Oregon.
- Nicely structured, with good complexity, the 2015 Row 503 Pinot Noir has deep, dark berry fruits, blue fruits and cola nuts on the nose and palate.
- A long, complete finish wraps the experience up nicely.