Conde de San Cristóbal - Ribera del Duero
Founded in the year 2000, Conde de San Cristóbal is owned by the Grupo Vinícola Marqués de Vargas and belongs to the Denominación de Origen Ribera del Duero. The vineyards and winery are located close to Peñafiel on the Pago de Valdestremero Estate, and have an extension of more than 80 hectares. A limited quantity of high quality red wine is produced with the name Conde de San Cristóbal, exclusively from our own vineyards.
To insure that the winery respected the traditions of the area, Pelayo de la Mata, the current Marqués de Vargas purchased a castle that was being demolished and used the wood and stone in the building of the winery.
- The handpicked and selected grapes come from the vineyard surrounding our cellar, being the grape growing entirely controlled by our team of viticulturists.
- Conde de San Cristóbal supports the concept and practice of sustainable winegrowing.
- The wine is bottled without any fining or filtering, resulting in an unprocessed and fully natural wine.
- Tinto Fino (80%)
- Cabernet Sauvignon (10%)
- Merlot (10%)
FOOD PAIRINGS: Temperature 60-62ºF and decanting before serving is highly recommended.
TASTING NOTES: Elegant wine power in all phases of a well-covered and clean cherry red. The aroma is deep and complex, with lots of fresh, ripe, intense fruit, spice and mineral notes. The palate retains its fruit, shows broad, fresh, powerful, rich and very tasty.
The Wine Spectator - 90 Points
The 2011's lively acidity drives bright flavors of blackberry, licorice, tar and smoke in this focused, energetic red. Light, firm tannins lend backbone, while citrus and smoke details linger. Drink now through 2023. –TM
- RAÍCES “Reserva Especial” is a wine recently launched in a very limited edition aiming to become the icon wine of our winery.
- RAÍCES is an extraordinary and singular wine of great finesse, whose name refers to the very essence of every existence, the mother earth, the tradition and the true spirit of winemaking.
- The handpicked and selected grapes come from the vineyard surrounding our cellar, entirely controlled by our team of viticulturists.
- Tinto Fino (90%)
- Merlot (10%)
FOOD PAIRINGS: 60-62ºF and decanting before serving is recommended.
TASTING NOTES: A bright deep dark cherry colour with intense garnet rim. On the nose wonderful array of mineral aromas, fresh earth and fine lees. Powerful, inspiring and very complex. Inimitably revealing the terroir & personality of a wine from Ribera del Duero. On the palate voluptuous and velvety, with flavours of sweet dark berries, enhanced by the fresh tannins. Pronounced intensity and exceptionally balanced and structured. Perfect candidate for extended cellaring.
2010 Vintage | Tech Sheet | Sell Sheet | POS | Label | Bottle Shot